In honor of the 28 million people living with cancer I’m introducing my 28 Days of Giving fundraising campaign, benefiting LIVESTRONG.
On Sunday, October 24 (28 days from now) I’ll join thousands of my fellow cancer warriors for a 90 mile bike ride through the Texas Hill Country as part of the LIVESTRONG Challenge.
For every $5 you donate to my LIVESTRONG account here between now and then, you’ll be entered to win some fabulous prizes, including:
- A Team LIVESTRONG bag from the 2009 Challenge series
- A Team LIVESTRONG jersey from the 2009 Challenge series
- A water bottle signed by Chris Charmichael, Lance Armstrong’s coach
- One pound of Major Taylor coffee (ground or whole bean, your choice) from Juan Pelota’s Cafe in Austin. This is easily my favorite coffee. Here’s the description, straight from Juan Pelota himself: “Inspired in equal parts by the bolder roasts popular in the Pacific Northwest, and by one of history’s greatest cyclists—not to mention the first African-American to win a world championship in any sport—Major Taylor is testament to good habits and clean living. Prepare to be inspired.”
- Other great prizes to be announced
- Warm fuzzies from knowing you’re doing a great thing
Early Donation Incentive – only until October 1 at midnight MDT
Because I’m a member of Team Fatty, and Fatty himself is having an awesome contest, you have a chance to win a saw-WEET Orbea road bike, easily valued at $10,000. You can read all the details here on Fatcyclist.com.
Every $5 donated to my LIVESTRONG account gets an entry into the Team Fatty contest. If I win the bike, you get the bike, it’s as simple as that. The Team Fatty portion of this contest will be hugely popular, so enter early and often. If you don’t win the bike, don’t dispair, you’re still entered for the other schwag above.
What are you waiting for? You know you hate cancer as much as I do. Click here to help fight this disease.
THANKS for your support!